16 May 2008

Afrika! Afrika!

Having seen the musicals Afrika! Afrika! and Lion King in the span of 2 weeks you can't help but get Afrika tribal wear fever! So even though I passed the chance to go to Gaucho's opening at the O2 center in North Greenwich I don't regret being inspired by colorful beaded and woven skirts, cloaks with elaborate motifs, and colorful jewelery made out of beads and copper for three hours. I especially liked the idea of double layered skirts, and multiple armbands with various prints! I have no idea how I would be able to pull it off without looking like the member of the plays cast but when I came across this weeks new collection from Net-a-Porter, I quickly put together an ensemble that I think shared that tribal spirit. Now if only Topshop made the exact same replica.


Dress on right:Dress (Christian Lacroix) Red high heels(Chloe)
Dress on Left:Silk tunic top (DKNY) Mini Skirt (By Malene Birger) Necklace (Kenneth Jay Lane)Knee Length Gladiator sandals (Topshop)

Afrika! Afrika! is showing until May 31st and is so worth seeing, its not Cirque du Soleil, but it comes pretty close. Minor tip though, the restricted seats don't really have restricted views so you can save about 20 pounds sitting there instead of the 60 pounds good ones.

No comments: