30 April 2008

Here’s to me. Cheers.

Is it sad that the one thing I look forward to in a day is surfing my favorite fashion websites online? Is it sad that I can go hours and hours from one to another, with my heart racing? Is sad that the latest Marchesa gowns leave me short out of breathe?

Me no thinks so, my mother told me the other day, The Future is Beautiful. And it got me thinking. Here I am in one of the most fabulous cities in the world, a true fashion capital, and I’m just about done with my god forsaken course work. I’m at a crossroads; I’m having one of these life changing decision moments, where one change can alter the rest of my life. It feels exhilarating and terrifying to not where I’m going in be in the next few months. It feels weird not planning my next step, and it feels even weirder than I’m not panicking about it.

A lot of thinking has been done, deep inside the realms of my head, about why I’m beginning to write this blog, and it makes sense to me. I’m here, right now, and I want to know more. More about myself, more about what I can do, and more on where i’m going. So this is me, it’s the styles I admire on the street, it’s the princess Diana canvas board I want to blow up on canvas to hang on my bedroom wall, its street snaps of people looking effortlessly chic without even trying. But the most exciting of all, is all my life I have been inspired by others, and now I want to be inspired by all things me. Not to sound ego-istic at all but this blog shall be a journey. I am now commencing on the first day of my life. And it’s going to be exciting and fun and delicious! So this is for me! Cheers.

No comments: