25 August 2010

incoming

I have been super lazy with my blogging, I apologize. It seems my life is about to embark on a yet another new chapter. I am currently working on two sites , ideas that I have wanted to launch for more than a year now. Wacudo.com is a personal project that I have schemed for a few years now. Created for my obsessive nature to travel and dream of exploring every square inch of the globe it is a personal online travel journal with content from locals on where visitors should eat/sleep/go/visit/buy etc

I have been laying the pages out with a duo team, Selina Lalli my art director and Rakhi our illustrator. The website already has a nice feel to it, unintimidating, clean, inviting, just how I like my sites. The first countries/cities we will be plugging in are LONDON, NEW YORK, LOS ANGELES, TAMPA, BAHRAIN, KUWAIT, OMAN, ABU DHABI, DUBAI, BEIRUT and my personal fave TOKYO. This does mean that I will be saving up to buy airplane tickets, if there is anything I would love to do for a living it's travel.

The other site I am launching is Sketchbook Live, an online magazine version of Sketchbook Magazine. As my readers/loyal fans know Sketchbook is available to buy as a print publication/pdf we also have Sketchbook TV and a blog but we DO NOT have a horizontal online archive of all our blog features so we are moving camp.

It is a slower process than I thought with a team of 3 working on moving all 600 articles to the new site. Laura Sam- content editor, Lauren - content editor's assistant, and Amy Edgar - project manager have been moving every credit and thumbnail over cups of coffee and cake.




I do try to take the necessary steps to be innovative. I don't ever seem to be satisfied with production levels and want things faster, sharper, easier. I am glad that I am constantly evolving Sketchbook. It is a mission of mine to be updated , to make things fresh and new and to never be out of date so Sketchbook and all my projects really will be a work in progress.

Send over your feedback on Wacudo and Sketchbooklive folks!

3 comments:

Emily and Abigail said...

everything looks so cool!!! can't wait to see some stuff :)

www.lovelywanderlust.com

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010

wedding dress said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.