09 May 2008

Skin+Bones: Parallel Practices in Fashion and Architecture


Back in 2006 I had to write a short essay for my course work. Being in interior design it was really up to me to choose from a range of subjects like architecture, interior design, decor, product, or fashion, as long as it was related to space. So (big shocker!) I chose to write about fashion and architecture. I don't remember much about what I wrote but I do remember falling head over heels with this visually stimulating book called Skin+Bones:Parallel Practices in Fashion and Architecture. It was an exhibition turned book with works of art from both fashion designers and architects and interior spaces related to fashion that explored the relationship of architects and fashion designers and their work.


Last time I checked it out, this exhibition was in LA at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), but I see it has made its way here now, and is showing at the glorious Somerset House till August the 10th 2008, which is one of my all time fave buildings in London as I have some of my work displayed there with the esteemed Sorrell Foundation Program.


The book is also available online through Mymagma.com for a mere 35 pounds!

No comments: