28 May 2009

Met Fuss

Every summer like clockwork, I read about one of the most glamorous events in the fashion and social calendar from my London location, the opening of the Metropolitan Museum Gala . This year there was a slightly bigger fuss over the event, due to the designers muses and celebrities choice of unusual evening wear and the Alaia controversy so on my second day at the city I practically skipped into the Metropolitan Museum past the Francis Bacon retrospective and all the great American paintings they had in store into the Model As Muse special exhibition.

I wasn't able to snap any images of the exhibition which focused on iconic models of the twentieth century from 1947 to 1997 but I did manage to take photos of the fun gift store at the end of the exhibition which had photographs and Polaroids of muses in fashion in a fun collage form all over the white walls.






No comments: