28 May 2009

Prada and Pat

Two of my must-see NY stops were the Prada flagship store in Soho (which I grumpily thought was in 5th avenue) and the Patricia Fields store off Bleeker street. And I hate to say that both didn't live up to the hype I had in mind, the Fields store more than the Prada one.

The Patricia Fields caught me by surprise because seeing as it was scrawled in every New York map I got ahold of, it was more about costume jewelry (and tacky at that) instead of wearable creative pieces. The one piece I fell in love with was the Eiffel Tower clutch bag (which Carrie wore in the movie) which had an awful black strap attached to it so I left the store a little sadly then when I first spotted it on the street. Nonetheless I am still a fan of the woman who put the glam back in fashion TV. The Prada store on the other hand was an experience to walk into, with more of a museum-like atmosphere than a store one which is precisely what makes this store such a place to visit. You can easily envision what Koolhaas and Prada had in mind in terms of designing a flexible space for events, shows, and of course shopping.










2 comments:

Arab Damsel in Distress said...

wow. it's so surreal to see a Palestinian Kaffiyeh with the Arabic writing on it on that mannequin. I wonder if Patricia Feilds et al know what the writing actually means.

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010