The blog kit comes in three forms, the Home Blogging Kit, the On-The-Go Blogging Kit, and The Clutch Kit. The blog kit is the equipment of a blogger. They are the tools, the supplies, the ‘stuff’ that allow the blogger to blog and let alone co-exist. Truthfully we have most of these possessions anyways, but I noticed I need a certain checklist of gear to take with me when I’m on the go or at home blogging. If one piece of equipment is missing I usually find I am stuck and even worse unable to publish that blog.
So these are the ingredients of the:
Home Blogging Kit
Location: Your place, or zone
Description: This kit is designed to be placed at random, but most likely in your own private home/space. This is the space where you have fast i-net connection, where you can have iTunes on, a cup of tea beside you, and most probably where you are most relaxed.
1. Laptop or PC ( Laptop is preferable as you can take it out with you to cafes, trips)+ charger
2. Digital Camera ( or a professional one if you want to have top-notch images) +charger+transfer wire
3. Tray with cushion- An excellent tip I got from someone where you put your laptop on the tray and the tray goes on your lap.
4. Mobile Phone + charger
5. Tripod – if your dressing up, a tripod will keep the camera in place for you to take pictures of yourself
6. Long mirror- useful to dress in front of before taking pics of you dressing up
8. 2008/2009 Diary-useful when penciling in exhibition dates
9. Photoshop program- fantastic program for collaging and editing images
On-The-Go Blogging Kit
Location: Out of the home
Description: This kit is designed to be fit in a large tote or handbag. It is used when you are out and about, taking street style pics, visiting shops, shopping, attending exhibitions, or meeting with friends, on a tube going to class, picnicking.
- Digitial camera+case
- Camera charger( You don’t want to know how many times my camera ran out of charge just when I started clicking away)
- Notebook+Pen – For noting down ideas/names of designers/street names
- USB pen - Sometimes you really want to write a post so working on a friends computer/uni library/internet café/computer with no i-net connection a usb would convenient to files back and forth into your computer
- iPod - This is useful when you need to drown out other people’s conversations at starbux while posting
- Mobile phone
- Business cards - You never know who you might bump into that would want your blog address also if you do street style most if not all people ask for your url address
- Magazine - for those long tube travels- the smaller they are the lighter
- Travel card
- Student card -This is super useful for getting discounts practically everywhere
- Tripod – If you are a street style perfectionist, this is a must
- A to Z map - Very useful when looking for venues
- Laptop Jacket ( useful when lugging the laptop around or is a good thigh shield for when your laptop is warming up)
The Clutch Kit
Description: Out of the home- usually at night
Location: This kit is designed for attending a dinner/party/a club and the blogger needs minimal gear to fit in a smaller bag to match that fancy dress. This kit could be very useful for the evening.
- Mobile Phone
- Business card
- Tiny Pen